Teaching myself Delphi
Author Message
 Teaching myself Delphi

Quote:

> Does anyone know of any good books to teach a person delphi with.  sort of
> like Delphi for Dummies that sort of thing.  any help would be appreciated

> Jerome

If you know how to navigate around in Delphi but need an ObjectPascal /
OOP programming guide Delphi Unleashed by Charles Calvert with SAMS
Publishing is perfect.

Sat, 29 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Teaching myself Delphi
There is a Delphi for Dummies, and several people like it a lot.
I like Delphi Developer's Guide - Steve Teixeira (one of the authors)
feels this is an advanced book - but I think any experenced programmer
can make use of it as a reference guide.

Steve suggests Delphi for Dummies as a starter book...
Bill

Quote:

> Does anyone know of any good books to teach a person Delphi with.  sort of
> like Delphi for Dummies that sort of thing.  any help would be appreciated

> Jerome

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Teaching myself Delphi

Quote:
>Does anyone know of any good books to teach a person Delphi with.  sort of
>like Delphi for Dummies that sort of thing.  any help would be appreciated

>Jerome

There are two books that are good for newbies to Delphi.  One is Teach Yourself Delphi in 21 days.
Its from Borland Press.  The other is Teach Yourself Database Programming with Delphi in 21 days.
I have that one.  Its good.

Jeff

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Teaching myself Delphi
Does anyone know of any good books to teach a person Delphi with.  sort of
like Delphi for Dummies that sort of thing.  any help would be appreciated

Jerome

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Teaching myself Delphi

Quote:

> Does anyone know of any good books to teach a person Delphi with.  sort of
> like Delphi for Dummies that sort of thing.  any help would be appreciated

> Jerome

Well there is a Delphi for Dummies book out there. Check your local
bookstore. Other than that, Try Delphi Explore by Coriolis .

jr

James Roberts Computer Consulting            708/658-9409

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Teaching myself Delphi

Quote:

Seah) wri
>tes:
>>Does anyone know of any good books to teach a person Delphi with.
sort of
>>like Delphi for Dummies that sort of thing.  any help would be
appreciated

>>Jerome

>There are two books that are good for newbies to Delphi.  One is Teach
Yourself
>Delphi in 21 days.
>Its from Borland Press.  The other is Teach Yourself Database
Programming with D
>elphi in 21 days.
>I have that one.  Its good.

>Jeff

Before you go crazy reading lots and lots of books, take some time to
get aquainted with Delphi first.  The material talked about in the
books will make better sense if you have an idea what Delphi is about
first.

After taking a 'whack' as Delphi, I read 'Delphi Programming for
Dummies' and also 'Delphi Unleashed'.  Both were good books, but there
is little or no substitute for hands-on experience _as_ you are reading
the books.

--
Regards,                        Computer consulting:
Eric Drews                      - Custom applications

No application is _too_ small

Tue, 01 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using DELPHI at a University to teach

2. Borland Pascal and Delphi in teaching

3. ByPass BDE by installing files myself?

4. Q: Interbase - handle errors by myself

5. Teach Me...!

6. Can you teach me programming?

7. the beginner teaching pascal

8. please teach me about Borland C++ Builder

9. Teaching Pascal

10. !! Please Help!! -- teaching question

11. Teaching Programming

12. Im looking for teaching material for Pascal 7.0, not books