Lotus Notes Database
Author Message
 Lotus Notes Database

Does anyone know how to read a Lotus Notes database through delphi ?
Perhaps an ODBC socket is required.  If so which one and how can I get
it in a hurry.  Any help will be most appreciated.  Please E-Mail if
possible.
Thnax ya all.
Ben
Arrow

Mon, 16 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Lotus Notes Database
There is a 3d party component that can read and write Lotus Notes
databases.  Unfortunately, I can't remember who sells it just now.
I think I saw it in a recent Delphi Informant.  Perhaps someone else
can point out the exact vendor name and contact address or phone.

Wed, 18 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Lotus Notes Database
It's very early in the morning and the name escapes me too, however, the
product is created by Brainstorm and sold by Borland in two flavours,
workstation (approx.$110CAN) and network/deployable (approx.$400CAN). There is
information on it to be found at http://www.borland.com among the Delphi pages.
And I'm sure Borland would sell it to you if you called the 1-800 number.

Is it any good? Don't know. But, with a shade of exageration, it's got to be
better than using Notes, itself. ;-)

Cheers.                                ...edn

Quote:

>There is a 3d party component that can read and write Lotus Notes
>databases.  Unfortunately, I can't remember who sells it just now.
>I think I saw it in a recent Delphi Informant.  Perhaps someone else
>can point out the exact vendor name and contact address or phone.

Wed, 18 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Lotus Notes Database
I didn't see your original post when I responded before. There is also a free
ODBC driver for Notes available from FTP.CCMAIL.COM. I think the filename is
NOTESS.EXE. It's hidden away under an unlikely subdirectory such as
something\COM\something.

Don't yet know how it works, however. There seems to be some pretty
comprehensive documentation attached so the main issue may be 'relationalizing'
Notes.

Regards.                                        ...edn

Quote:

>Does anyone know how to read a Lotus Notes database through Delphi ?
>Perhaps an ODBC socket is required.  If so which one and how can I get
>it in a hurry.  Any help will be most appreciated.  Please E-Mail if
>possible.
>Thnax ya all.
>Ben
>Arrow

Sat, 21 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Lotus Notes Database
: There is a 3d party component that can read and write Lotus Notes
: databases.  Unfortunately, I can't remember who sells it just now.
: I think I saw it in a recent Delphi Informant.  Perhaps someone else
: can point out the exact vendor name and contact address or phone.

Delphi/Notes Link? I think its from BrainStorm Tech.

Nikhil.

Mon, 23 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Lotus Notes Database

Quote:

>Does anyone know how to read a Lotus Notes database through Delphi ?
>Perhaps an ODBC socket is required.  If so which one and how can I get
>it in a hurry.  Any help will be most appreciated.  Please E-Mail if
>possible.
>Thnax ya all.
>Ben
>Arrow

Check out Delphi/Link for Lotus Notes being marketed by Borland
(developed by Brainstorm Technologies) 1-800-932-9994. There is an
article on it in the October 95 Delphi Informant
Jake

Mon, 23 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Lotus Notes Database

2. Connecting to Lotus notes database

3. Delphi to Lotus Notes connectivity

4. Problem with DelpLink for Lotus Notes and Delphi

5. Can Delphi read Lotus Notes data files?

6. Connecting to Lotus Notes ODBC DS

7. Problems installing Delphi Link for Lotus Notes

8. ANNOUNCE: DNotes Delphi VCL's For Lotus Notes 4.x

9. Lotus-notes

10. Delphi/Link for Lotus Notes the only Link?

11. Lotus Notes ODBC and BDE IDAPI Configuration

12. How to connect to Lotus Notes?