Interbase error "record/Key deleted"
Author Message
 Interbase error "record/Key deleted"

I am using interbase - local server version.  I insert a record into a
table using the ttable.insert method.  Then I update all the fields and
access other tables, updating some of them.  Based on the result of that,
I finish my update to the original table and call the post method.

As soon as I do, I get a dialog box complaining about a "record/Key
deleted" error.  Since the code is in a try/except block, the next thing
that happens is my exception handler grabs it, decodes the error status
and returns a message about
   edbenginerror  error code 8708  record key deleted cat 34 subcode 4

Anyone have any idea what is going on or what the message means or where
in heaven's name to look it up????

thanks!

-Dave

--
Dave Krajcar, Alternative Solutions

Sun, 23 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Interbase error "record/Key deleted"

Hi Dave,
  I don't understand why you're doing what you're doing in the order
you're doing it.  The comments below make it sound like the db is not
first-order normalized.  If that's not the case, all of these operations
should be rolled into a transaction, not posted separately.

Andy Sallee

Quote:

> I am using interbase - local server version.  I insert a record into a
> table using the ttable.insert method.  Then I update all the fields and
> access other tables, updating some of them.  Based on the result of that,
> I finish my update to the original table and call the post method.

> Dave Krajcar, Alternative Solutions

Sun, 23 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Interbase error "record/Key deleted"

Quote:

> I am using interbase - local server version.  I insert a record into a
> table using the ttable.insert method.  Then I update all the fields and
> access other tables, updating some of them.  Based on the result of that,
> I finish my update to the original table and call the post method.

> As soon as I do, I get a dialog box complaining about a "record/Key
> deleted" error.

Read the document 'working with auto-increment fields' available at the
borland home page and at www.mers.com.

Oliver Townshend
Sashalom Pty Ltd

Sat, 29 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Record/Key Deleted" BDE Error

2. "Record/Key Deleted" BDE Error

3. "Record/Key Deleted" Error

4. EDBEngineError..."Record/Key deleted"

5. TTable - "Record/Key deleted"

6. "Record/Key deleted"

7. Need help on "Record/Key deleted"

8. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

9. HELP -- "Key group is locked" error

10. Error: "No current record"

11. "Record/Key Deleted"-error when using BLOB field in table.

12. What means of "Record/Key deleted (BED-Error)" ?