Developer vs C/S Suite
Author Message
 Developer vs C/S Suite

I am developing a C/S application and would like to use delphi for the
client side.
I am running Informix 7.12 on an RS6000 to store the data.  Can I
accomplish
my goal if I purchase the developer edition or do I need the C/S
edition?

Mon, 29 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Developer vs C/S Suite

Quote:

> I am developing a C/S application and would like to use Delphi for the
> client side.
> I am running Informix 7.12 on an RS6000 to store the data.  Can I
> accomplish
> my goal if I purchase the developer edition or do I need the C/S
> edition?

Yup!  Or purchase Borland's SQL Links separately, at least I think you
can purchase it separately.

  Ted Herrlich
--

"The Pen is Mightier than the Sword, unless you are One on One."

Tue, 30 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Developer vs C/S Suite

Go for the C/S version, then you'll be able to use all the features that
are native to it like native SQL-Links, Database Dictionary, SQL Monitor,
SQL Query Builder etc - you'll also get better support in places like
this ;)

Wed, 31 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Developer vs C/S Suite

Quote:
> Yup!  Or purchase Borland's SQL Links separately, at least I think you
> can purchase it separately.

> Ted Herrlich

I believe this was possible with Delphi 1.0 but it is not with Delphi
2.0.  Ya need C/S.

God Bless,

--

10/13/96 18:16
---------

Fri, 02 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Desktop vs Developer

2. Delphi 2.0 vs Oracle Developer/2000

3. Desktop vs Developer

4. MS Works DB and SS format...

5. TTable vs TQuery vs TwwQuery vs TwwTable - SPEED

6. You must see: News Group A Dedicate Delphi Developers Helping Delphi Developers

7. corel suite breaks Delphi BDE

8. ANN: SMExport suite 3.60 for Delphi/C++Builder

9. ANN: SMExport suite 3.50

10. Delphi 5 BDE problem with Corel Suite

11. ReportPrinter Component Suite 1.1 Released

12. compiler Validation suites