Auto-Increment Fields in Run-Time Created Databases ??
Author Message
 Auto-Increment Fields in Run-Time Created Databases ??

Quote:

>Hi,
>I need to use auto-increment fields in a database that is created at
>run time, but am not sure how to implement this.
>Can it be done ?
>If so can someone please enlighten me with a code snippet.
>Email response preferred as I don't get to read this group as often as
>I'd like.

After looking ito the source for DELPHI32 i have found that it is
supported in that version, this however is not a solution as i need to
use it from the 16 bit version. I have the RAD Pack with VCL source
however you can not change and recompile to VLC's - Borland Tech
support in Australia say that it must be different to the code actualy
used in delphi (what?). So if any one has any ideas on how i can
either transport the code from Delphi32 or implement the auto
increment on another way PLEASE let me know as i am getting rather
desperate at this stage.

Thanks for your attention.
Joe

Tue, 19 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Auto-Increment Fields in Run-Time Created Databases ??
I created a paradox Autoincrement field.  I then used that table in a
DBGrid and made the Autoincrement field ReadOnly.  When I post the record
BDE assigns the field number automatically.  WOrks like a charm so far.

Bob Fleischman

Thu, 21 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Auto-Increment Fields in Run-Time Created Databases ??

Quote:

>I created a paradox Autoincrement field.  I then used that table in a
>DBGrid and made the Autoincrement field ReadOnly.  When I post the record
>BDE assigns the field number automatically.  WOrks like a charm so far.
>Bob Fleischman

Yes i can create an autoincrement field useing the BDE however in this
particular case the database MUST be created at run time from within
my program so i can not use the BDE and Delphi has no field type for
autoincrement until DELPHI32.

Thanks anyway.

Tue, 26 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help defining auto-incrementing field using TTable.Create

2. Create database and add field during run time ??

3. CREATING AUTO INCREMENT ?

4. Creating a database with an autoincrement field, programmatically

5. Auto increment field

6. Master-detail and auto-increment fields

7. Auto Increment Fields and Master Details Relationship

8. Question about auto increment field

9. MS Access Auto incrementing Key fields

10. Delphi 2 SQL Server 6 problem with identifier (auto-increment) fields

11. Auto-increment fields - Should I Use Them?

12. Obtaining value of Paradox's Auto-Incremented Field Type