HELP !!! Table field precision
Author Message
 HELP !!! Table field precision

Hi all

How do you set the default precision for a floating point field in a
table ?. Incidentally, with the current default of 15, I get weird
rounding errors, eg 12.63 represented as 12.620000000009. when  I know
the value inserted into the field was 12.63. Anyone know why (Is is my
dodgy pentium ?)

Also some fields do not update when the value is 0. Is this
interpreted as a NULL ?

Please e-mail

Regards

Tim

Sat, 07 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Currency Field lossing precision

2. Help: copy memo field from one table to another field

3. Help with Memo Field in Table

4. Help:Saving Graphic Image Into A BLOB Graphic Field In Paradox Table

5. Help - Table fields with no values assigned to them

6. drag/drop fields to form from table/field popup in design

7. Saving TMemo field data to a Blob field (Interbase Table) via SQL Update Query

8. Copying database tables to new tables (haviing new fields)

9. getting high precision arithmetic for BP7

10. Rounding Off or Precision Error

11. Precision Timer

12. Arithmetic in multiple precision