Searching date and time fields in paradox
Author Message
 Searching date and time fields in paradox

Hello I have a strange problem  I keep running into in paradox. I am
using delphi 3.0 amd have a table with a secondary index for searching
for a string field, a date(paradox date) and a time (paradox time) value.
when I set the table index to this index and do a
table.find([station,date,time]); I get negative results.. Even when I
know the data is there?!?! What am I missing here? Would it be better to
use a timestamp? thanks  for any input

   --Frank

Computer Specalist
USGS Grand Junction, CO (970) 245-5257 ext. 3018
 "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Searching date and time fields in paradox
I'm not familiar with the TTable.Find() method. TTable.FindKey()
searches for an *exact* match. If you are using "date" and "time" as
your parameters, which return the *current* date and time, it seems
unlikely that you will find an exact match in your database.
TTable.FindNearest() seems like it may work better for you.

Scott

Quote:

>Hello I have a strange problem  I keep running into in paradox. I am
>using delphi 3.0 amd have a table with a secondary index for
searching
>for a string field, a date(paradox date) and a time (paradox time)
value.
>when I set the table index to this index and do a
>table.find([station,date,time]); I get negative results.. Even when I
>know the data is there?!?! What am I missing here? Would it be better
>use a timestamp? thanks  for any input

>   --Frank

>--

>Computer Specalist
>USGS Grand Junction, CO (970) 245-5257 ext. 3018
> "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Getting Date/Time from LAN Machine and Setting Date/Time on Client

2. How to search date fields in TQuery

3. date & time fields

4. D5 - ADO and Access Date/Time Fields

5. SQL adding date and time fields

6. date time field....

7. Working with date and time fields

8. Delphi2 & Pdx date/time fields

9. Querying on time in intebase date field

10. Oracle date/time field in Delphi

11. Date Time Fields

12. Masked Date & Time Field Problem