Transaction corrupted by open/close dataset
Author Message
 Transaction corrupted by open/close dataset

I am using Delphi4 with Update2 with the native BDE-MS Access driver to
connect to Access DBs.

When a transaction is opened using TDB.StartTransaction and within the
transaction a dataset (irrelevant if TQuery or TTable) associated to a
TDataSource component is closed and opened again to be able to see
inserts done within the transaction (the queries are not so simple, thus
I cannot insert directly into a TTable or TQuery object) following
problem is encountered: TDB.InTransaction reports a transaction in
progress, whilst TDB.Commit or TDB.Rollback produce an error saying that
there is no transaction in progress!!!

The records inserted/updated are posted into the database, so
inconsistent data is ineviteable.

I dont know if this problem is only known when using the Access driver,
but is really severe in some cases.

Would be very pleased if someone could help.
Thanks,
Chris.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Transaction corrupted by open/close dataset
Did you try to change the TransIsolation property to tiDirtyRead on your
database rather than closing your dataset; this should enable you to view
uncommited records (though I am not sure whether it is supported by the
Access driver) ?
Quote:

>I am using Delphi4 with Update2 with the native BDE-MS Access driver to
>connect to Access DBs.

>When a transaction is opened using TDB.StartTransaction and within the
>transaction a dataset (irrelevant if TQuery or TTable) associated to a
>TDataSource component is closed and opened again to be able to see
>inserts done within the transaction (the queries are not so simple, thus
>I cannot insert directly into a TTable or TQuery object) following
>problem is encountered: TDB.InTransaction reports a transaction in
>progress, whilst TDB.Commit or TDB.Rollback produce an error saying that
>there is no transaction in progress!!!

>The records inserted/updated are posted into the database, so
>inconsistent data is ineviteable.

>I dont know if this problem is only known when using the Access driver,
>but is really severe in some cases.

>Would be very pleased if someone could help.
>Thanks,
>Chris.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. experiencing corrupt indexs and closed dataset errors, anyone?

2. Closed dataset every second time

3. "Closed Dataset" Messages

4. HELP: ReportSmith closes my Dataset

5. cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset

6. closed dataset!?!

7. Cannot perform operation on closed dataset error in DataSourceDatachnge event

8. cannot perfom this operation on a closed dataset

9. Closed Dataset Error

10. Corrupt file, tables remain open

11. ejectcd.zip Open or close a CD-ROM tray

12. Close tables open in other session