Corrupt table/index header
Author Message
 Corrupt table/index header

I've heard a lot of corrupted paradox tables after the electricity fall
down, nad now I saw it in practice. The table is blocked, if I try to open
it from the program or from Database Desktop, I'm constantly getting the
message 'Corrupt table/index header'. I didn't succeed to open the table in
any way.
This time I had backup DB, but for the future - what is the procedure when
this happen?

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:08:10 GMT
 Corrupt table/index header
Try to look at Pdxrbld utility at http://www.rksolution.cz , I use it for
rebuilding Paradox tables.

Quote:
> I've heard a lot of corrupted paradox tables after the electricity fall
> down, nad now I saw it in practice. The table is blocked, if I try to open
> it from the program or from Database Desktop, I'm constantly getting the
> message 'Corrupt table/index header'. I didn't succeed to open the table
in
> any way.
> This time I had backup DB, but for the future - what is the procedure when
> this happen?

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:27:14 GMT
 Corrupt table/index header
The best solution is to use:
http://www.sundialservices.com/products/chimneysweep/index.htm

Borland also offers a table repair utility (but it is not very good):
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html

To avoid future problems as good as possible implement the tips on:
http://www.bdesupport.com/stability.htm

Quote:
> I've heard a lot of corrupted paradox tables after the electricity fall
> down, nad now I saw it in practice. The table is blocked, if I try to open
> it from the program or from Database Desktop, I'm constantly getting the
> message 'Corrupt table/index header'. I didn't succeed to open the table
in
> any way.
> This time I had backup DB, but for the future - what is the procedure when
> this happen?

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:24:09 GMT

1. Corrupt table / index header

2. Problem reading dbase III files - corrupt table/index header

3. PARADOX - DELPHI5 - CORRUPT TABLE / INDEX HEADER

4. Corrupt Table / Index header!!!

5. HELP: ERROR: Corrupt Table/index Header ????

6. paradox 7 : corrupt table/index header

7. Corrupt Table/Index header

8. "Corrupt table/index header" EDBEgineError exception

9. Corrupt table/index header

10. Urgent Help. Corrupt table/index header in Paradox Table

11. HELP! Corrupt Table/Index Header.

12. "Corrupt table/index header file: C:\DATA\A.DB"