Hey, TEAMB...Need some real help with TTable and CreateTable in SQL Back end
Author Message
 Hey, TEAMB...Need some real help with TTable and CreateTable in SQL Back end

I am using delphi 3.0 and need to create an InterBase 5 table.

I am using a TTable component and have populated the FieldDefs
property. When I call the CreateTable method things work fine. When I
include a IndexDefs statement (IndexDefs.Add('','Field1',[ixUnique])
and call the CreateTable method I get an error "INvalid Index/Tag
name". Where is this coming from and how do I fix it? I have to create
2 indexes (one primary and one secondary) and can't seem to get around
this. I cannot use TQueries here...need on a TTable. When I run the
same thing against Paradox it works just fine.

Any help on fixing this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
----
Bill
------------------------

Programmer / Analyst
New England Research Institutes

"I believe that five out of
     four people have trouble with fractions."

             <?>

           \\\|///
          \\ ~ ~ //

/-------oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------\

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Help needed with TTable.CreateTable and Interbase 5.0

2. Help needed with TTable.CreateTable and SQL, please (second request?...)

3. setting block size with ttable.createtable

4. Problem with TTable.CreateTable.

5. TTable.CreateTable

6. tTable::CreateTable example doesn't compile

7. Index Creation with TTable.CreateTable

8. free idsoftware front-end program in pascal--need help - idgames.pas [1/1]

9. free idsoftware front-end program in pascal--need help - idgames.pas [1/1]

10. Need help with "Real"

11. Hey, I need a favor...

12. Need help real bad with Pascal