Stack-Overflow when posting record in Detail table!
Author Message
 Stack-Overflow when posting record in Detail table!

Hello,
My application suddenly started to crash with EStackOverflow exception when
I post a record in a detail table.

If I set it's MasterSource propertie to NIL it does NOT crash, so obviously
it has got something to do with the
master-detail relationship...
(After a crash I have to delete the PDOXUSERS.NET because the table is
locked..)
HELP!

--
C U
[-]

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Stack-Overflow when posting record in Detail table!

Quote:
> Hello,
> My application suddenly started to crash with EStackOverflow exception
when
> I post a record in a detail table.

Usually caused by recursive calls. Check your code in the BeforePost and
AfterPost sections.

Robert

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Stack-Overflow when posting record in Detail table!

Quote:

>> My application suddenly started to crash with EStackOverflow exception
>when
>> I post a record in a detail table.

>Usually caused by recursive calls. Check your code in the BeforePost and
>AfterPost sections.

Yeah, the DetailTable.BeforePost is called many times.
But cannot find the cause for now. Removed master-detail rel.ship.
CU
WS

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Stack-Overflow when posting record in Detail table!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Stack-Overflow when posting record in Detail table!

Quote:

>My application suddenly started to crash with EStackOverflow exception when
>I post a record in a detail table.

Not only was there a Master-Detail relationship, I also defined a
TLookupfield (with Add Fields...) which did a lookup for the Detail in the
Master table.
This caused the crash.
Not done.
Don't do.
CU
WS

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Stack overflow after a post

2. D2: Stack Overflow when opening a table?

3. existence of detail record in detail table

4. Problem when inserting records in the detail table (master/detail relation)

5. Adding record in detail table or create a new master table for it

6. The use of coprcessor reals (previously Re: Stack overflow at binary tree balance)

7. Stack overflow at binary tree balance

8. How do I increase array size without stack overflow error

9. Stack Overflow problems when D1 executable fires up...

10. Occasional Stack Overflow

11. Stack overflow or d├ębordement de pile

12. stack overflow