Help need with Horiz & vert limits on a form
Author Message
 Help need with Horiz & vert limits on a form

This is in delphi 2.0 C/S:

Each time I adjust the horizontal and vertical limits on a form (I'm
using it for a report) they reset to their defaults...even when I save
and re-open the file. Why is this happening? How do I get them to stay
put?

Bill

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help need with Horiz & vert limits on a form

Hi Bill,

Quote:

>This is in Delphi 2.0 C/S:

>Each time I adjust the horizontal and vertical limits on a form (I'm
>using it for a report) they reset to their defaults...even when I save
>and re-open the file. Why is this happening? How do I get them to stay
>put?

This can be a difficult are for some developers especially when you
ship a program.  You have to think of what type of screen/monitor the
user has and build the screen around that.  The common sizes are 640 x
480, 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768 pixels.

When you talk about the horizontal & vertical limits I am assuming
that you mean the Width and Height.  By default, on mine anyway, the
setting of the form is set for Designed.  Check the object inspector
near the bottom in Delphi 1.

There are a few setting there, Designed, Screen Center etc...
I usually set mine on screen center.  Your program will usually run
with the size of the form just before the compilation process.

What I would do is use the Form's Events,  OnFormCreate
   and I would put the following code there...

     Form1.Width := Screen.Width;
     Form2.Height := Screen.Height;

This would be the same as a window/form that has been Maximised.

    If you are sure what size in pixels try e.g.

     Form1.Width := 100;
     Form2.Height := 80;

I hope this helps you.

Regards
Anton

Fri, 02 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Novice Needs Help to get around array size limit

2. .&.&.& need help about an SQL query &&&

3. More help needed with linking two forms

4. Need Help: Unloading Forms/Databases from Memory

5. Need help linking form to OLE Data Fields

6. Need Help Controlling the Size of a Form

7. !.!.! help needed about DBGrids & multiple tables

8. Help needed: Clipper-NTX & Delphi

9. Need Help with Sql-Server ODBC & Delphi

10. HELP needed with DRAG & DROP

11. Windows Colors & palette help needed

12. help needed for pascal & mac