Difference between ascii ANSI and Paradox ascii
Author Message
 Difference between ascii ANSI and Paradox ascii

I recently completed an application based on Paradox level 5.  I used
the default table language of 'ascii' ANSI and everything worked well.
However when I came to use MS Access to link to the Paradox tables, I
could not do so until I changed the table language to Paradox 'ascii'.
(I also had to shorten the table names to 8 characters, but that is
another matter.)

I used Database Desktop to change the table language and I have not
experienced any problems with data created under 'ascii' ANSI being
changed.

Could anyone please explain the difference between the two table
languages?

TIA

Best wishes

Dave
--
David Sharples

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. ASCII Dos to ASCII Ansi

2. ascii - Ansi

3. Comma delimited ascii - IDE vs runtime difference

4. Batchmove ASCII file to ANSI file

5. Ascii->DB->Ascii? (NEWBIE)

6. Ascii delimited file import into Delphi Paradox table?

7. Import delimited ascii file into Paradox table (Delphi 2)

8. Ascii or Binary File(s) to Paradox or Access Database(s)

9. Copy ASCII Tables to New Paradox Tables

10. ASCII text files to Paradox table

11. Delphi conversion from ASCII to Paradox

12. read an ascii file to a paradox table