"Replace Connection", "Unable to connect to: PARADOX".
Author Message
 "Replace Connection", "Unable to connect to: PARADOX".

I have developed a Database Application in "Borland Delphi" and use "Borland Report Smith" for preview
and printing reports. (I use a PARADOX database format)

This Application has been tested on many different PC's from 486SX25 to Pentium133. Everything is working perfect.
This Application is also sold to many different users around the world. Everything is working perfect.

BUT now I have a customer reporting back that when he attempts to preview a print he gets an error.
A window pops up that is titled "Replace Connection".
On this window a message says, "Unable to connect to: PARADOX".
The remainder of the fields on the screen are blank.
This error appears on a 486DX2-66 with DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.10. Access 1.1 and dBase|||+ is installed.
He has "device=vshare.386" installed in his [386Enh] section.

I have been communicating a lot with this customer. He is a Network software engineer, and he knows
100 % what he is doing. I am absolut sure he has installed my application correct.
He has several machines on which he has installed my application. There were no errors.

If anybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Sat, 04 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

2. ""256 Color Mouse""

3. MS SQL Server "Connection in USE"

4. Source request: "Connect 4"

5. Re : Treport.connect method "ServerType" parameter

6. "Leaking Paradox Database"

7. What DataType is a Paradox "+"Field?

8. "Leaking Paradox Database"

9. Ehrmann's "Paradox Files" aricles

10. "Index out of date" Paradox Error

11. "LOCAL SHARE" and multiuser Paradox databases

12. "Low capacity" net and Paradox problem