Converting DBF to Paradox DB
Author Message
 Converting DBF to Paradox DB

Hi!
I have a number of DBF files which I wish to use in a project but I am
keen to use Paradox DB files entirely for the project because of
compatability with other databases. [The DBF's were created with Lotus
Approach]

I am not finding D/base Desktop very helpful in doing this conversion to
DB. It is stumbling with the indexes. Is it a better idea to create
Paradox DB files from Lotus Approach and then manipulate them within
D/base Desktop.

It could well be that I *can* do the conversion within desktop since I a
newcomer to Delphi.  If someone could tell me how to do within desktop I
would be grateful.

--
John Matthews

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Converting DBF to Paradox DB
: I have a number of DBF files which I wish to use in a project but I am
: keen to use Paradox DB files entirely for the project because of
: compatability with other databases. [The DBF's were created with Lotus
: Approach]

: I am not finding D/base Desktop very helpful in doing this conversion to
: DB. It is stumbling with the indexes. Is it a better idea to create
: Paradox DB files from Lotus Approach and then manipulate them within
: D/base Desktop.

In Database Desktop, converting the tables is as simple as
giving the "copy" command, and giving a destination table with
a .db extension.  I would think that your indexes would probably
be brought over properly (though I'm not sure) if they are indexes
that Paradox supports (can't do expression indexes, and can't do
descending indexes if your BDE does not support Paradox 7 tables).
If you need to manipulate the indexes, just do a Restructure, and
it should be pretty simple and straightforward.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Converting DBF to Paradox DB
>In Database Desktop, converting the tables is as simple as
>giving the "copy" command, and giving a destination table with
>a .db extension.  I would think that your indexes would probably
>be brought over properly (though I'm not sure) if they are indexes
>that Paradox supports (can't do expression indexes, and can't do
>descending indexes if your BDE does not support Paradox 7 tables).
>If you need to manipulate the indexes, just do a Restructure, and
>it should be pretty simple and straightforward.
>--

Thanks a million.  Just what the doctor ordered!
--
John Matthews

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Invalid field descriptor error converting DB to DBF using batchmove component

2. Converting from DB to DBF!!!

3. Help: Converting DOS Clipper DBF's to Windows DBF's

4. from foxpro DBF to paradox DB

5. paradox DB and dbase DBF

6. Converting QUICKBOOKS data to DBF

7. Convert pascal .DAT file to ASCII, DBF

8. Q: ASCII <--> dbf convert

9. DBF DBF DBF

10. How to convert from Paradox 5 to Paradox 7 format

11. Which is most reliable: DBF, DB, or MDB

12. Deploy error, .db not .dbf