How do I change the access privileges on Interbase tables?
Author Message
 How do I change the access privileges on Interbase tables?

Sorry if this has posted multiple times but whenever I do it doesn't
show up on the newsgroup

I've looked and I've looked but I can't see how to change the access
privileges on an INTERBASE's table. Can I use SQL explorer or the server

manager or what?

I want to give all users access to all tables. I've discovered the SQL
command (GRANT ALL ON tablename TO PUBLIC) but where do I put it?

HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!

Regards
Adrian.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How do I change the access privileges on Interbase tables?

Quote:
> I've looked and I've looked but I can't see how to change the access
> privileges on an INTERBASE's table. Can I use SQL explorer or the server

> manager or what?

Yes (by running ISQL) and yes (by using the SQL box).

Quote:
> I want to give all users access to all tables. I've discovered the SQL
> command (GRANT ALL ON tablename TO PUBLIC) but where do I put it?

Simple command line SQL text.  Why don't you just try it?  Almost
anywhere that you can say SELECT * FROM TABLE1 you should be able to say
GRANT ALL ON TABLE1 TO PUBLIC (possibly followed by a COMMIT).

Oliver

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How do I change the access privileges on Interbase tables?
This is really standard SQL

you can GRANT a DELETE, UPDATE, SELECT  to any user or to PUBLIC.

Additionally you can add WITH GRANT OPTION, which allows the user to pass
her privileges to other users.
--
Van den Driessche Willy

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Changing access privileges on Interbase databse

2. Interbase:Different Privileges for Different Users?

3. Making changes in a Table... Interbase

4. accessing Interbase 3.3 tables on Solaris

5. Accessing the modem and doing Ymodem transfers

6. Changing of structure Paradox-tables (Table Language)

7. Problem doing OUTER joins w/ pdox tables

8. Doing a locate on a TQuery result set on MSACCESS table in D3

9. Controling privilege level in protected mode programs ?

10. BDE and NT4.0 privileges

11. REQ: Insert records in Interbase table from Paradox table

12. Interbase Password and User add/change via Delphi?