URGENT HELP: isapi dll and EDBEngineError
Author Message
 URGENT HELP: isapi dll and EDBEngineError

Environment:
delphi 3.02 c/s
BDE 4.51
NT 4.0
IIS 3.0 (not sure of the version here)

I know from searching through Deja News that this issue has been
discussed here before but I couldn't find any resolution.  I have an
isapi dll that hits Sybase 11 to verify a user id before granting access
to a protected area of a web site.  Everything works fine on my
development machine (of course).  I used installshield to create setup
diskettes for my dll and the BDE and installed everything on the
customer's NT web server.  Once everything was installed I created my
alias and tested the dll (I actually tried both an SQL Links alias and
an odbc alias, both gave the same results).

When the dll tried to hit the database, I got the following error:

Internal Server Error 500
Exception: EDBEngineError
Message: An error occurred while attempting to intialize the Borland
Database Engine (error $2108)

After searching through Deja News, I had the system admin make sure the
IUSR_XXX account had access rights to the BDE directory.  Once she
checked that we tried again and got the following error:

Internal Server Error 500
Exception: EDBEngineError
Message: An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland
Database Engine (error $2B05)

I think we still have some sort of permissions problem but I'm not sure
where to go from here and I couldn't find a solution in Deja News.
What's really frustrating is that everything works perfectly on another
NT box!

Please help.  This web site is supposed to go live Friday and this dll
is an essential part of their security scheme.

Thanks,
Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878

Home Page: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~allrp/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Please HELP: DB access from ISAPI DLL

2. Need help - Problem with DLL creation - Urgent Please

3. ABO problems from ISAPI dll.

4. ADO problems from ISAPI dll.

5. BDE ERROR WHEN DEBUGGING AN ISAPI DLL WITH IIS5 / WINDOWS 2000

6. BDE PROBLEM WHEN DEBUGGING AN ISAPI DLL WITH IIS5 / WINDOWS 2000

7. ISAPI DLL - Performing segmented queries

8. IIS 2.0 V. 4.0 + ISAPI-DLL + MS SQL 6.5

9. Server Error 500, Dephi 3.0 C/S and IIS 2.0 running isapi.dll's

10. Adding to database using Delphi3 ISAPI dll

11. Runtime TQuery in ISAPI dll

12. Database ISAPI DLL problems