Crystal and distributing reports
Author Message
 Crystal and distributing reports

Hi all,
I'm developing my application's reports with CR7 and I open them from the
exec via the crystal VCL for Delphi.
Now I'm facing the following problem: I'd like to distribute read-only
copies of some of the reports that the end user shouldn't modify.
Is there any way to do so?
Thanks,
Gianandrea.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Crystal and distributing reports

Quote:
> Hi all,
> I'm developing my application's reports with CR7 and I open them from the
> exec via the crystal VCL for Delphi.
> Now I'm facing the following problem: I'd like to distribute read-only
> copies of some of the reports that the end user shouldn't modify.
> Is there any way to do so?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Unless your users have the full
version of CR installed, there is no way they can modify the report (.rpt)
files. If they do have access to CR, there's not a great deal you can do to
prevent them opening and editing the files. If they don't, presumably you
are distributing the CR runtime libraries which simply allow them to preview
and print the reports - not to modify them.

--
Stephen Brown

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Editing Crystal reports without Crystal Reports

2. Crystal Report, Quick Report - where to get ?

3. Delphi 2.0 and Crystal Reports Version 5 (Regarding Sub-reports)

4. Crystal Reports!

5. Crystal Reports - Window formatting?

6. Crystal Reports and Delphi

7. Crystal Report from Delphi 4.0

8. TMemo and Crystal Reports

9. D4 and crystal reports and ODBC???

10. Deploying Crystal report with a dictionary?

11. Crystal Reports

12. Crystal Reports