Record Lock in cached update when using updateobject
Author Message
 Record Lock in cached update when using updateobject

When I edit a paradox table/query in D4, the recored will be
auto locked, but this is not work when I specify an updateobj or
an onupdaterecord event handler. BDE will not lock any record
which are editing.  Furthermore, I can edit any records which
are locked by other table/user without any warning message. So I
cannot know the data is changed before I edit them and when I
post the reocrds, It overwrits the changes made by ohter
tables/users.

For example (The stock qty was 100 when i edit the record, but
It decreased to 90 ofter the transactions made by other user.
But I did not know the change and use 100 to calculate my
transaction.  Also, I cannot get the value form TField.Curvalue
to).

Any suggestion for this problem?

Thanks in advance!!

Jack

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi, Cached Updates, UpdateObject, etc

2. cached updates + locked records

3. TTable Cached update record lock

4. Cached Updates QUESTION: Sorting table of updated and non-updated records

5. Using UpdateSQL for updating cached records

6. Which record caused an error using cached updates?

7. Cached Updates: deleting records

8. Cached Updates - OldValue property upon record insert is not NULL

9. Cached Updates Problem: Missing Records - Bogus RecordCount

10. BDE uses Paradox for handling cached updates?!

11. Deleting from Master/Detail using cached updates

12. two probems - date format and cached updates using a