Problem with GetFieldNames
Author Message
 Problem with GetFieldNames

Hi,

I'm trying to retreive Fields names from a TTable by using the method
GetFieldNames and I'm always receiving a EAccessViolation error each
time.

Here is the code I'm using:

begin
    if(OpenDialogSourceDB.Execute) then
   begin
        LblSourceDBPath.Caption := OpenDialogSourceDB.FileName;
        TableSource.Active := False;
        TableSource.DatabaseName :=
ExtractFileDir(LblSourceDBPath.Caption);
        TableSource.TableName :=
ExtractFileName(LblSourceDBPath.Caption);
        TableSource.FieldDefs.update;
        TableSource.GetFieldNames(ListBoxSourceDB.Items);
        TableSource.Active := True;
   end;
end;

If you can help, I will appreciate :)

Patrick

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Q regarding GetFieldNames

2. GetFieldNames Truncates

3. Please help with this problem!!ARRAY problem

4. Paradox problem on the NET - problem

5. Problems with decimals and anonther small problem

6. Memory problems (heap problems????)

7. DBGrid problem - difficult problem

8. Problem: BDE and Delphi5's ISX (Was: Re: Problem with Delphi 3 and ISX 1.11 on Windows NT / 2000)

9. KojakVGA problems (of course I could mail this to Scott Tunstall, but maybe so here knows the problem)

10. PROBLEM: Has this problem come up before? (Install Shield)

11. Borland Database Engine Locking Problem!!!! - bde problem.doc (1/1)

12. Borland Database Engine Locking Problem!!!! - bde problem.doc (0/1)