"Lock file grown too large"
Author Message
 "Lock file grown too large"

Quote:

>>My application is working on two computers, connected by WFW3.11.
>>I am working with Paradox tables, located on computer 1.
>>After using the application for a moment, computer 2 is displaying these
>>messages:
>>"lock file grown too large"
>>"too many open files"
>>I tried everything I could (MAXFILEHANDLES in IDAPI, FILES and BUFFERS in
>>config.sys, ...)

>When no one is using any Paradox tables just delete the all the
>.LCK files on your system. They will be recreated as required.

I have discovered that deleting the .LCK file works also, but in my database,
7-10 people could be using the database, and in the afternoon, the .LCK file
has grown to 40MB and can't be removed except by getting everyone out
of the program. Also, various __QBxx query temporary files are created.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Patrick

Fri, 10 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. "lock file has grown too large"

2. HELP!!: "Multiple net files","Lock file has grown too large"

3. "Lock file has gorwn to large"

4. URGENT - Lock file grown too large - error using Paradox files

5. Help: "Help file to large"

6. "File is Locked" error message

7. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

8. Lock file has grown too large

9. The lock file has grown too large?

10. Lock file has grown too large - please help

11. 'Lock file grown too large'

12. Lock file has grown too large??