Help please: non-BDE, non-ODBC database files
Author Message
 Help please: non-BDE, non-ODBC database files

Hello folks,

we are trying to build a delphi application that needs to deal with
non-BDE, non-ODBC database files (i.e. Turbo Power's BTree-Filer).

We need to preserve the files' old structures because there are lots of
DOS applications also working on these files, so we can't just change to
a new structure.

Now we're having a real hard time finding out which objects/classes we
have to adjust to fulfil the task: TDataSet, TTable, BDE-Driver ???
Everything seems to be cross-linked to dozens of other souce code pieces,
so where to start ??

We'd really appreciate any help or hint to the problem.
By the way, the platform is Delphi 2.0 on WinNT WS 3.51.

Thanks,

Thomas

Sat, 20 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please: non-BDE, non-ODBC database files

Hello folks,

we are trying to build a Delphi application that needs to deal with
non-BDE, non-ODBC database files (i.e. Turbo Power's BTree-Filer).

We need to preserve the files' old structures because there are lots of
DOS applications also working on these files, so we can't just change to
a new structure.

Now we're having a real hard time finding out which objects/classes we
have to adjust to fulfil the task: TDataSet, TTable, BDE-Driver ???
Everything seems to be cross-linked to dozens of other souce code pieces,
so where to start ??

We'd really appreciate any help or hint to the problem.
By the way, the platform is Delphi 2.0 on WinNT WS 3.51.

Thanks,

Thomas

Sat, 20 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. D4 - Non-BDE Database?

2. help with non-text file reading

3. Converting Non-Text File to Text File

4. Non-BDE-Datasets, where's the list?

5. Non-BDE Paradox access for Delphi

6. non-BDE components for access to Sybase (like DOA for Oracle)

7. Looking for non-visual BDE alternatives !!!!

8. Non-BDE Data access in Delphi

9. Reports from a non BDE data Source

10. Need Non-BDE SQL Server 6 Connectivity

11. Sharing same database (non c/s application)

12. Fwd: database dll ( delphi ) for non delphi aps