"Field not of expected type" error??
Author Message
 "Field not of expected type" error??

I keep getting the message "Field 'Sub-category' is not of expected
type" when executing a parameterised Tquery, where Sub-category is one
of the fields in the SQL SELECT statement. This field features in
another parameterised Tquery's SELECT statement without any problems.

Sub-category is defined as an ALPAHANUMERIC field of 18 bytes in a
Paradox table and as a TStringfield in the delphi app. I've had this
error before when, for various reasons, the field size in Delphi
differed from the field size as defined in Paradox - but this is not
the case with Sub-category.

Can anyone throw any light on this?

TIA

 ++ *Paul*
 ++ from Cheltenham, England
 ++ Thu, 10 Jul 1997 18:33 +0100
 ++ WinNT build 1381 + SP3

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Error 85 ";" expected

2. FP106: Error: Incompatible types: got "BYTE" expected "SHORTSTRING"

3. mssql uniqueidentifier causes "invalid field type"

4. "Invalid field type" exception

5. Units and "type mismatch" error

6. BDE Error - "not exact read/write"?

7. BDE Error - "Operation not Applicable"

8. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

9. BDE Setup Error "Object Not Found"

10. BDE Error "Not exact read/write"

11. Error "Full dBase expressions not allowed"

12. Field not of expected type