Closing a form after an EDBEngineError exception is handled
Author Message
 Closing a form after an EDBEngineError exception is handled

Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 17:03:01 -0500

Newsgroups: alt.lang.delphi
Subject: Closing the form after handling exceptions

I am having a problem and it has me pulling my hair out..  What I am
trying to do is handle an EDBEngineError exception and close the form.
The exception handling works fine, but after the excpetion is handled, I
want to close the form.  I have tried the Close, Free, and Release
methods, but none of them work.

In my OnShow event I have a single line of code to open the database.
In my BeforeOpen code (for the TTable component) I have code to check and
see if the files exist.  If they do exist, then I simple exit from the
event handler, however if they do not exist then I create them and
continue on..  My event handler is catching invalid paths, etc.
correctly, but it will not close the form when the exceptions are
caught..  How can I remedy this?

Thanks.
Eric D. Scales

Wed, 25 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. ** Can I close the prior form without close second form ?**

2. Table.Close does not close file handle?

3. Why am I getting an EDBEngineError?

4. EDBEngineError Exception

5. Help Working with EDBEngineError exception

6. How to trap EDBEngineError-exceptions?

7. EDBEngineError - Invalid Blob handle

8. Q: EDBEngineError:Invalid Handle to the Function

9. EDBEngineError -- has to do w/ FORMS -- HELP?!?!

10. Exception Error on closing Delphi 5

11. Losing File Handles - But I am not using Files

12. External exception C0000008 after close application