Non-BDE-Datasets, where's the list?
Author Message
 Non-BDE-Datasets, where's the list?

Hi,

a few months ago a kind soul announced he had compiled a list of BDE
alternatives to use with delphi and gave an URL. However I cannot find
it anymore.

Does that list exists and if so where is it?

I am looking for a very simple non-BDE dataset for use in a CGI where
I do not have permission to install the BDE on the server. Tables will
be a few 100 Records at most.

I would like to use a TDataSet and not put some
load-all-into-list-approach together myself, because as you all know
requirements can grow...

Ciao, MM
--
Marian Aldenh?vel, Hainstra?e 8, 53121 Bonn, Germany
Tel: +49 228 624013 Fax: +49 228 624031

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Non-BDE-Datasets, where's the list?
try www.kylecordes.com

Dan

Quote:
>Hi,

>a few months ago a kind soul announced he had compiled a list of BDE
>alternatives to use with Delphi and gave an URL. However I cannot find
>it anymore.

>Does that list exists and if so where is it?

>I am looking for a very simple non-BDE dataset for use in a CGI where
>I do not have permission to install the BDE on the server. Tables will
>be a few 100 Records at most.

>I would like to use a TDataSet and not put some
>load-all-into-list-approach together myself, because as you all know
>requirements can grow...

>Ciao, MM
>--
>Marian Aldenh?vel, Hainstra?e 8, 53121 Bonn, Germany
>Tel: +49 228 624013 Fax: +49 228 624031
>http://www.gammasoft.de/maier
>"Was schiefgehen kann geht schief"

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
[Remove the SPAM from my e-mail address]

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Non-BDE-Datasets, where's the list?
Marian,

Here's the URL for BDE Alternatives:

http://www.kylecordes.com/

Robert Schiller

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Non-BDE-Datasets, where's the list?
Hi Marian,

Try http://www.kylecordes.com.

Just as an information item, I used the Advantage Client Engine
(http://www.advantagedatabase.com) recently in a large-scale CGI
app. If you can live with dBASE (.DBF) databases and either Clipper
(.NTX) or FoxPro (.CDX) index files, the distribution for Advantage
is around 700K, and the DLLs can go right in the same directory as
your app on the server. The speed is terrific as well.

Ken
--
Ken White

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc

Quote:

> Hi,

> a few months ago a kind soul announced he had compiled a list of BDE
> alternatives to use with Delphi and gave an URL. However I cannot find
> it anymore.

> Does that list exists and if so where is it?

> I am looking for a very simple non-BDE dataset for use in a CGI where
> I do not have permission to install the BDE on the server. Tables will
> be a few 100 Records at most.

> I would like to use a TDataSet and not put some
> load-all-into-list-approach together myself, because as you all know
> requirements can grow...

> Ciao, MM
> --
> Marian Aldenh?vel, Hainstra?e 8, 53121 Bonn, Germany
> Tel: +49 228 624013 Fax: +49 228 624031
> http://www.gammasoft.de/maier
> "Was schiefgehen kann geht schief"

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Help please: non-BDE, non-ODBC database files

2. How to use 'non visual components'?

3. BDE bug and Live Datasets??

4. single linked lists/'C' system command

5. Where's Brown's Interrupt List?

6. Borland's non-support

7. D4 - Non-BDE Database?

8. Non-BDE Paradox access for Delphi

9. non-BDE components for access to Sybase (like DOA for Oracle)

10. Looking for non-visual BDE alternatives !!!!

11. Non-BDE Data access in Delphi

12. Reports from a non BDE data Source