Paradox password problem
Author Message
 Paradox password problem

Quote:

> Maybe you can help me with the following problem:  I want to use
> a password-protected Paradox database in a delphi (1.0) application.
> The application should automatically open the tables without requesting
> the user to enter a password.

> A way to solve this might be using the TDataBase object with its
> LoginPrompt and parameter list properties.  So tried both ways:

> a) using a BDE alias
> b) assigning the database path in the parameter section

> In both cases I added the PASSWORD=test line in the parameter
> section.  For some reason this seems to work with other SQL
> databases but not with Paradox.

> It would be great if you could help me to solve this problem.

> Thanks in advance!

> Martin

> --

> University of Karlsruhe - Germany
> student of industrial engineering and management

You should use the Session variable to add password.

Session.AddPassword('MyPassword')

Look for TSession in the help for more info.

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Paradox password problem
Use the AddPassword method -
Session.AddPassword('ASecret');
It is documented in the help file. the login prompt applies to SQL tables

Mon, 31 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Paradox password problem
[...]

1. Paradox Password Problem

2. Passwords problems with Paradox-tables (*** fieldrights ***)

3. Creating Paradox Tables with Passwords

4. Adding Paradox table passwords - Delphi 1.0

5. DbiDoRestructure- Adding passwords to paradox tables

6. using a paradox table protected by a password in reportsmith

7. Paradox-password

8. Password in Paradox

9. password in paradox table

10. Ultimate TOOL to restore PARADOX PASSWORDS!

11. password in paradox table

12. D4: setting Paradox passwords