DBase, Paradox, InerBase, Which to choose ?
Author Message
 DBase, Paradox, InerBase, Which to choose ?

Hi,

Any advice please on which to choose.

The data is sensitive and I want to put it into a platform which will
prevent hackability as far as is possible.

I am planning to issue my program cheap or on rent then charge for
converting price sensitive data into a format that the program will
manipulate. Different I know but if the password/encryption method is in
the program it may prevent mild tampering.

Any advice on the benefits/drawback of each platform appreciated

Regards, Ian

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DBase, Paradox, InerBase, Which to choose ?

Quote:

> Hi,

> Any advice please on which to choose.

> The data is sensitive and I want to put it into a platform which will
> prevent hackability as far as is possible.

> I am planning to issue my program cheap or on rent then charge for
> converting price sensitive data into a format that the program will
> manipulate. Different I know but if the password/encryption method is in
> the program it may prevent mild tampering.

> Any advice on the benefits/drawback of each platform appreciated

> Regards, Ian

you can any DB you want - all security on the DB's are the same in a
single-user environment. Use an SQL-based DB if you plan to use
a multi-user environment. Your problem is not the Database, but
the operating system! Windows NT seems to better than Win95 in
security. Professional software runs on Unix-like OS's.

Ciao, Volker

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Which tables to use, Paradox or Dbase?

2. CONVERTER FROM DBASE TO PARADOX?

3. Fishing for opinons concerning DBase vs. Paradox

4. New Freeware Paradox/dBase/Interbase... Utility

5. DBase or Paradox Table?

6. Paradox Vs Dbase

7. dBase VS Paradox

8. Paradox , DBase or MS Access

9. Paradox , DBase or MS Access

10. Changing local Dbase or Paradox structures at runtime

11. dbase vs paradox

12. Choice of file format: DBase, Paradox, Access, ???