DELPHI 4 & MS SSQL 7.0 HELP ??
Author Message
 DELPHI 4 & MS SSQL 7.0 HELP ??

I am trying to use a ttable, dbgrid & navigator with a MS SQL 7.0 table.
Problem occurs when I hit the refresh on the navigator.   Get an error msg that
tells me that I don't have an unique index,  yet I have defined the index and
yes,  it is a unique 1.   I have tried to specify the index on the
ttable.indexname property but then get an error msg telling me the table does
not have any indexes.

What am I doing wrong ??

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DELPHI 4 & MS SSQL 7.0 HELP ??

Quote:
>I am trying to use a ttable, dbgrid & navigator with a MS SQL 7.0 table.
>Problem occurs when I hit the refresh on the navigator.   Get an error msg that
>tells me that I don't have an unique index,  yet I have defined the index and
>yes,  it is a unique 1.   I have tried to specify the index on the
>ttable.indexname property but then get an error msg telling me the table does
>not have any indexes.

>What am I doing wrong ??

this problem seems to be common with sql-based db's
I think the best way to avoid this problem is to intercept the
dbnavigators's BeforeAction event.

just like this

if button = nbRefresh then
 begin
   with myQuery do begin
     if active then close;
     open;
   end;  //with
 abort; // this abort stops the standard behaviour of dbnavigator
end; // begin

hope this helps
SeeYa,
Stefan Kratzsch

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Read/Update MS Access 7.0 db from Delphi Developer 2.0 (PLEASE HELP)

2. Help with MS SQL & Delphi 3

3. HELP: MS Access 97 & Delphi 3

4. Delphi 2.0 and MS Access 7.0

5. Db.StartTransaction in Delphi 2.01 using MS Access 7.0 ODBC Driver fails

6. Help needed, Syncronization, MS-Access 7.0

7. Help..Help..Help MS SQL and Delphi

8. Removing&recreating indexes (MS-SQL, Delphi 5, ADO)

9. TBatchMove w/Delphi 2 & MS SQL Server

10. Delphi & MS Access database(multi-user)

11. DELPHI & MS ACCESS CONSULTANT ONLINE

12. Delphi & MS-SQL Server - datefield problems