DBCombo & DBList boxes
Author Message
 DBCombo & DBList boxes

I saw the post earlier stating that the DBList box doesn't display data
from a table -- that explains a lot.  What I'm trying to do is display a
list of options (a column in a table) and have the user select one of
them.  This selected item is passed as a text string into another
procedure.  The problem I'm having is that I can't find a good way to
pass the selected value of a DBCombo box as a text string.

I tried dbcombo.SelText, which works great, but it only works if the
entire field is selected, and I don't really like this.  I'd love to use
something like:

dbcmbo.Items[dbcmbo.ItemIndex] but for a list of length 1, the value is
loaded into the edit box, which doesn't have a list index.  Is there any
easy way to do this?  I must be missing something really simple.

-Sean

Fri, 14 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBCombo or DbList with Index into Field

2. DBCombo Box Update

3. D1 DBList component problems?

4. Looking got SEARCHABLE combo box & grid components

5. Combo boxes & Querying By Forms

6. TPW1.5 Default Icon & Dialog Box

7. List-Boxes and Combo-Boxes

8. box in a box