BDE can't do OUTER JOIN ?
Author Message
 BDE can't do OUTER JOIN ?

I can't seem to find  a way (besides QBE) to have a query with an outer
join. I must be mistaken. QBE isn't really an option, since I may want to
deploy with a different DB engine, and i don't want to rewrite all my
queries. Help.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BDE can't do OUTER JOIN ?

With InterBase, the following SQL statement works for me:

SELECT <fields>
FROM TABLE1 A LEFT JOIN TABLE2 B
  ON A.ID = B.ID

This is documented in the InterBase on-line help.

Quote:

> I can't seem to find  a way (besides QBE) to have a query with an outer
> join. I must be mistaken. QBE isn't really an option, since I may want to
> deploy with a different DB engine, and i don't want to rewrite all my
> queries. Help.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Problem doing OUTER joins w/ pdox tables

2. TQuery and SQL's OUTER JOINS

3. Outer Joins in BDE - maybe a bug

4. It's not bad canned meat...

5. BDE doing things it shouldn't

6. Help with outer join in SQL

7. SQL - More than one OUTER JOIN

8. Paradox & Outer Joins

9. DELPHI/SQL : OUTER JOIN PROBLEM ???

10. SQL left outer join question

11. OUTER JOINS difference - maybe a bug?

12. Outer joins in Database Desktop