Win95/98 and D3-Paradox
Author Message
 Win95/98 and D3-Paradox

I have a D3/Paradox database app that runs fine on an all Win95 peer to
peer network but appears to have sharing problems on a Win98/95 network
('Index out of date' etc.).

I'm using BDE 4.0.

Any ideas??

Andrew
--
Andrew Gabb

 phone: +61 8 8342-1021
   fax: +61 8 8269-3280
Technology Australasia's website is at http://www.*-*-*.com/
-----

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Win95/98 and D3-Paradox

Quote:
> I have a D3/Paradox database app that runs fine on an all Win95 peer to
> peer network but appears to have sharing problems on a Win98/95 network
> ('Index out of date' etc.).

> I'm using BDE 4.0.

> Any ideas??

First - check in DBD Configuration if flag LOCAL SHARE is set true
Second - on all computers PDOXUSRS.NET file must be mapped to the same
volume

--
Z pozdrowieniami

Piotr Stok3osa

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Win95/98 and D3-Paradox

Quote:

> > I have a D3/Paradox database app that runs fine on an all Win95 peer
> > peer network but appears to have sharing problems on a Win98/95
> network
> > ('Index out of date' etc.).

> > I'm using BDE 4.0.

> > Any ideas??

> First - check in DBD Configuration if flag LOCAL SHARE is set true
> Second - on all computers PDOXUSRS.NET file must be mapped to the same
> volume

Yep, these are all OK.  As I said, it works OK on a similar W95-only
network, but has trouble with a W95/W98 mix.

Andrew
--
Andrew Gabb

 phone: +61 8 8342-1021
   fax: +61 8 8269-3280
Technology Australasia's website is at http://www.taa.com.au
-----

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. D3 and Win 98 with floatingpoint values

2. extend borland pascal to long filenames and use of win95/98/me/xp filedialogs

3. Rotate/Flip a Metafile [Win95/98] ?

4. Establish Dial-Up connection in WIN95/98 from TP

5. Win95/98 checking and reporting

6. Win95/98 checking and reporting

7. Turbo Pascal 1.5 with Win95/98

8. Turbo Pascal 1.5 with Win95/98

9. Paradox Table corruption & Windows 98

10. Paradox 5 vs. Paradox 7 in D3

11. How does Microsoft calculate the Window Heading font in Win95/98???

12. BPW 7.0 & Win95/98 - Display Properties and Appearance - folder.