Master-detail Relationship
Author Message
 Master-detail Relationship

Hi

I have a problem in delphi 5 Enterprise.

I'm working on a Database application where I want to establish a
master-detail relationship between two Oracle8 database tables.

So on the TTable component that I want to use as the detail table, I specify
the name of the data source to use as the master table. (MasterSource
field). And I specify the MasterField property. I have used the Field Link
designer to establish the master-detail relationship between the two tables
and I get no errors here.

But when I try to set the detail table active, I get an error that says
"TableX:  Field index out of range"

Does anyone know what this means?

Henrik
Denmark

Mon, 13 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Master-detail Relationship
Henrik

I think you are trying to link to an index that doesn't exist on the detail
table.  That's the only time I've got that message.

Alan Jeffery
Professional Systems

Quote:

>Hi

>I have a problem in Delphi 5 Enterprise.

>I'm working on a Database application where I want to establish a
>master-detail relationship between two Oracle8 database tables.

>So on the TTable component that I want to use as the detail table, I
specify
>the name of the data source to use as the master table. (MasterSource
>field). And I specify the MasterField property. I have used the Field Link
>designer to establish the master-detail relationship between the two tables
>and I get no errors here.

>But when I try to set the detail table active, I get an error that says
>"TableX:  Field index out of range"

>Does anyone know what this means?

>Henrik
>Denmark

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Master-detail Relationship
Do you have the master table active before you activate the detail table ?

--

Alex Haerens
AHA-design

alexhaerens_at_hotmail_dot_com

| Hi
|
| I have a problem in Delphi 5 Enterprise.
|
| I'm working on a Database application where I want to establish a
| master-detail relationship between two Oracle8 database tables.
|
| So on the TTable component that I want to use as the detail table, I
specify
| the name of the data source to use as the master table. (MasterSource
| field). And I specify the MasterField property. I have used the Field Link
| designer to establish the master-detail relationship between the two
tables
| and I get no errors here.
|
| But when I try to set the detail table active, I get an error that says
| "TableX:  Field index out of range"
|
| Does anyone know what this means?
|
| Henrik
| Denmark

Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Different detail Index order within master-detail relationship

2. MASTER/DETAIL relationship

3. Auto Increment Fields and Master Details Relationship

4. Q: Master-Detail relationship using DBase records

5. Master-Detail Relationship problem

6. DBGrid master/detail relationship?

7. Error using master/detail relationship?

8. Master/Detail relationship problem

9. why wont this master/detail relationship work?

10. Delphi 2.0 -> 3.0 Master Detailed Relationships

11. Master-Detail Relationship

12. TQuery Master/Detail Relationship