"Name Not Unique In This Context"
Author Message
 "Name Not Unique In This Context"

Hi!
I tried to create a database (containing a table) on the fly using code.
Upon running, I got the error message "EDBEngineError: Name Not Unique
In This Context". What went wrong and how can I rectify this?

Thanks and Best Regards

Edwin Lee

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 "Name Not Unique In This Context"

Steve Koterski wrote

Quote:

> >I tried to create a database (containing a table) on the fly using code.
> >Upon running, I got the error message "EDBEngineError: Name Not Unique
> >In This Context". What went wrong and how can I rectify this?

> What code were you using to create a database? Delphi only provides
> code for creating tables, so one must assume you were using API calls
> to the database system.

> What is the database back-end you were using? Local (dBASE, Pardadox,
> FoxPro)? Or SQL (InterBase, Oracle, Informix, etc.)?

I get this message when a Delphi program that uses a local alias
loads a DLL which has a database component using the same
local alias name. My solution was to put the  troublesome
statements into a try .. except loop, adding an underline to
the local alias until no exception is thrown up. The only thing
you have to do afterwards to transfer this 'extended' alias to
all table and query components.

Peter Reber

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 "Name Not Unique In This Context"
Hi! Thanks for replying. Its Paradox database.

Quote:

--
Edwin Lee

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. BDE Error 10009: "Name not unique in this context." when project is loaded

2. BDE Error "Older version (see context)"

3. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

4. dBase "Unique" Index Problem

5. EDBEngineError "Invalid File Name"

6. "Invalid index/tag name."

7. Table name is "GROUP"

8. Getting "long" file names

9. Finding "Server Name" from BDE Alias

10. ""256 Color Mouse""

11. EOleSysError: "CoInitialize has not been called"

12. Database Problem: "Not Initialized for Network"