Visual Query Editor support for Local Interbase Server
Author Message
 Visual Query Editor support for Local Interbase Server

I just purchased the visual query editor and I'm trying to do a right outer
join.  The radio buttons for the outer join are disabled.    This also happens
with SQLAnywhere( I know the ODBC driver supports outer joins)..

I don't see any support for UNIONS, DISTINCT, subselects, the ability to
view database functions..

Anyone using the editor?  I'm getting ready to return it..

Henry Ramos
HGL Investments

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Query Editor support for Local Interbase Server

I agree.I can't find the Visual Query Builder very useful.

The reason I purchased it was exactly to make writing complex joins,
including outer joins, easier. I do not need a visual query builder with
only support for 'simple' inner joins.

I've not found anything in the documentation indicating outer joins are
not supported.However, like you, I've not been able to get it to work!
Not with Interbase, not with Paradox/dBase, not with Watcom SQL, and not
with SQL Anywhere.

IMHO, the Visual Query Builder seems like an "unfinished" product.

Any other experieces are _very_ welcome!

Is this the same VQE as included in the client/server version (I use
developer)?
I'm sure it must work well there?

 - Svein A. Martinsen

Quote:
> I just purchased the visual query editor and I'm trying to do a right
outer
> join.  The radio buttons for the outer join are disabled.    This also
happens
> with SQLAnywhere( I know the ODBC driver supports outer joins)..

> I don't see any support for UNIONS, DISTINCT, subselects, the ability to
> view database functions..

> Anyone using the editor?  I'm getting ready to return it..

Tue, 22 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Local interbase is fast, what about Interbase server?

2. toggling between local interbase and client server interbase

3. How to create Local Interbase database with international support

4. Query behavior: Local vs Server

5. HELP!! Using Embedded SQL with Interbase Local Server

6. Local Interbase Server FIle Error

7. Should I use Local Interbase Server

8. Redistribution of Local Interbase Server

9. Local Interbase Server - Stored Procedures ?

10. Q: 32-bit Local Interbase Server?

11. loggin on to Remote Interbase server from local machine

12. Local Interbase on Novell server