BDE error number 9987 - Invalid File Name
Author Message
 BDE error number 9987 - Invalid File Name

I've just getting started with delphi 6 (Windows2000pro) and I'm trying to get
a table hooked up to a DBgrid. I get a BDE error number 9987 - Invalid File
Name. Internet wisdom says this is an IDAPI?? problem?

Can someone help me out with advise on how to fix the problem.
Thanks
Greg

Mon, 09 May 2005 02:07:03 GMT
 BDE error number 9987 - Invalid File Name

Quote:
>I've just getting started with Delphi 6 (Windows2000pro) and I'm trying to get
>a table hooked up to a DBgrid. I get a BDE error number 9987 - Invalid File
>Name. Internet wisdom says this is an IDAPI?? problem?

>Can someone help me out with advise on how to fix the problem.
>Thanks
>Greg

This sounds like you are using Paradox or dBase tables. Since these
are individual files, rather than tables inside a single database file
(the normal case with SQL databases), you refer to them as filenames
instead of tablenames. For example:

Paradox table:  'SELECT * FROM "mytable.db" WHERE xxx'
SQL table:       'SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE xxx'

The BDE has a default type setting. It will assume a filename without
an  extension to be a certain type of table. It is better to always
include the extension with the tablename.

Note: all this refers to the physical table on the disk. Don't confuse
this with the TTable object in Delphi.

HTH,
Dan

Mon, 09 May 2005 02:37:42 GMT

1. BDE Error - 9987 Invalid file name

2. BDE AddIndex creates Invalid Index name/tag Error

3. Spurious invalid file name errors

4. BDE error #9987 "invalid filename" ???

5. BDE ERROR "Bad File number"

6. BDE Error "Bad file number"?????

7. Invalid File Name (Delphi 2)

8. Error 106 - Invalid Number Format