Oracle Errors ORA-03113 and ORA-01041
Author Message
 Oracle Errors ORA-03113 and ORA-01041

Hi Everyone,

I hope somebody can help me with these errors.  Sorry for
cross-posting to non-Delphi news groups but I'm at a loss to why this
is happening.

I have a delphi 4.0 client (with the latest updates including BDE
5.10) communicating with Oracle 8i.  Everything was fine up until
today. :(  Then I came in and our tester showed me the following
messages coming up on his screen.

"Lost communication with SQL server.  ORA-03113: end-of-file on
communication channel."

followed by

"General SQL Error.  ORA-01041: internal error.  hostdef extension
doesn't exist."

At first, I thought it must be something with his config.  So I tested
it on my machine.  And guess what, I have exactly the same problem. :(

The program was using a stored procedure to return a ref cursor from a
view.  That was pretty slow, so I spent most of the day converting it
to query the tables directly by creating the SQL dynamically at the
Delphi.  Still no go!

I then tried running the SQL for the original view (which is big and
has 4 unions) and got the same error.

Please email & post any suggestions as I'd like to fix this ASAP!
Email will get to me quicker.

Thanks in advance,

Craig Read...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Oracle Errors ORA-03113 and ORA-01041
An ORA-3113 usually means that the server has died. The ORA-1041 occurs
because the client process has lost communications with the server.

This is most likely a bug. The server should not be crashing. Contact Oracle
Support. They should be able to help you figure out what's going on.

                                   Rick

Quote:

--
                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman

       The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
             necessarily represent those of  Oracle Corporation.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

}
}This is most likely a bug. The server should not be crashing. Contact Oracle
}Support. They should be able to help you figure out what's going on.
}
}                                   Rick
}

<snip>

Thanks Rick,

I will be giving Oracle a call.  I have 3 servers with the same
database structure, same version of Oracle but the problem server is
running SunOS 5.7 while the others are running SunOs 5.6.  The problem
server also has the least amount of data.

Cheers...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Oracle Errors ORA-03113 and ORA-01041

Quote:

>I have a Delphi 4.0 client (with the latest updates including BDE
>5.10) communicating with Oracle 8i.  Everything was fine up until
>today. :(  Then I came in and our tester showed me the following
>messages coming up on his screen.

>"Lost communication with SQL server.  ORA-03113: end-of-file on
>communication channel."

>followed by

>"General SQL Error.  ORA-01041: internal error.  hostdef extension
>doesn't exist."

Our DBA has contacted Oracle and they confirmed it's a bug, however,
they don't know where it comes from yet. We're using Oracle 7.3.4.1
btw.

I'd be most interested in finding out what causes these problems ! Let
me know if your side of Oracle can give you any clue what to do!

Thanks!
Marc

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Oracle/BDE Error ORA-03121

2. ORA-01000 maximum open cursors exceeded - Delphi - Oracle

3. oracle 8: ORA-01410 invalid rowid

4. Oracle and Delphi -Ora-12203

5. BDE 3.5 + SQL-Links 3.0 causes ORA-01722 ERROR DU PARSING THE PARAMETERS

6. ORA-06120 error message

7. SQLClientDataSet.ApplayUpdates causes ORA-01722

8. ORA-01410 invalid ROWID

9. ORA-1722 Invalid number when inserting a value

10. ORA-03114 when ateempting to view from DB desktop

11. Connecting Delphi2.0 to Ora.1 Without ODBC

12. Request live query gives ORA-00904: invalid column name