Run Minimized
Author Message
 Run Minimized

I have an application that I want to have run in the background without
any screen display.  I have not been able to do this.  Is it possible?
How is it done?

--
Patrick Goupell

http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:57:13 GMT
 Run Minimized
Delphi3

Set your main form's WindowState to wsMinimized. Being minimized does
still show in the taskbar, and allow it to be restored tho.

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:44:52 GMT
 Run Minimized
Maybe you need a console Application? Haven't done one myself, but if
you don't need _any_ interaction through Windows, that might to just
what you need.

Dan

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:57:13 -0400, Patrick Goupell

Quote:

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:19:26 GMT
 Run Minimized
I have tried that.  The application will not close unless I click on
it.  It appears to be waiting for something but I don't know what.

Quote:

--
Patrick Goupell

http://www.nite.org
http://www.noneusa.org

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 03:22:48 GMT
 Run Minimized
I have done that but the application will not quit until I click and
restore it.

I want the application to run to completion and close.  It runs but will
not close.  Is it trying to write something to a window?  The only
controls on the form are an access database and 3 sql controls.

I am using version 4 of delphi.

Quote:

> Delphi3

> Set your main form's WindowState to wsMinimized. Being minimized does
> still show in the taskbar, and allow it to be restored tho.

--
Patrick Goupell

http://www.nite.org
http://www.noneusa.org

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 03:22:01 GMT
 Run Minimized
Try this ...

In the project source (Project | View Source ...), insert the following line
of code:

  Application.ShowMainForm :=  false

do this after Application.CreateForm statement but before Application.Run
statement.

and also make sure that the main form's Visible property is set to false.

This should work, i'm assuming your app only uses one form though.

Regards,

Kingsley

Quote:
> I have tried that.  The application will not close unless I click on
> it.  It appears to be waiting for something but I don't know what.

> > Maybe you need a console Application? Haven't done one myself, but if
> > you don't need _any_ interaction through Windows, that might to just
> > what you need.

> > Dan

> > On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:57:13 -0400, Patrick Goupell

> > >I have an application that I want to have run in the background without
> > >any screen display.  I have not been able to do this.  Is it possible?
> > >How is it done?

> > >--
> > >Patrick Goupell

> > >http://www.nite.org
> > >http://www.noneusa.org

> > --
> > Dan Brennand
> > CMDC systems, inc.
> > Configuration Management and Document Control:
> > visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com

> --
> Patrick Goupell

> http://www.nite.org
> http://www.noneusa.org

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 03:43:30 GMT
 Run Minimized
That did not do it.

I should clearly state that the program runs but does not or will not
accept a form close event if the window is minimized.  When I click on
the window to restore it from minimized to normal size, the program will
then close.

Quote:

--
Patrick Goupell

http://www.nite.org
http://www.noneusa.org

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 09:14:16 GMT
 Run Minimized
What happens if you put in an Application.Terminate somewhere ?

Regards,
Aage J.

Quote:

> I have an application that I want to have run in the background without
> any screen display.  I have not been able to do this.  Is it possible?
> How is it done?

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:50:41 GMT
 Run Minimized
Try setting the visible property of the form to "false"

says...

Quote:

--
Stephen Lee-Woolf
Academic Information Services

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:34:04 GMT
 Run Minimized
try FMainForm.Visible := false
it won't show in taskbar

--
..ne prcim manito nit ukucu dovodim...

Quote:
> I have an application that I want to have run in the background without
> any screen display.  I have not been able to do this.  Is it possible?
> How is it done?

> --
> Patrick Goupell

> http://www.nite.org
> http://www.noneusa.org

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:10:59 GMT
 Run Minimized

Quote:

>I have done that but the application will not quit until I click and
>restore it.

Have you tried using ...

  PostMessage(Self.Handle, WM_CLOSE, 0, 0);

... in the applications main form at the appropriate time.

Alan Lloyd

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:19:05 GMT

1. DataSourceDataChange event fires when form is minimized?

2. Minimizing and Maximizing Delphi programs.

3. Minimizing Interbase Client/Server network traffic

4. Minimize application

5. HOW TO MINIMIZE PROGRAM MANAGER FROM WIN APPLICATION ?

6. Minimizing Windows

7. Minimizing to tray

8. Knowing when I am minimized

9. Minimize Main window on startup

10. Win 3.11/Icon when minimized

11. Minimize on Startup / Unresponsive Accelerator Key

12. Minimize on Startup(Again)