Q: B-TREE FILER with BDE ?
Author Message
 Q: B-TREE FILER with BDE ?

Does anyone use B-TREE FILER databases with BDE ?

Thanks,

Fofanov Leonid

Tue, 17 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: B-TREE FILER with BDE ?

Quote:

> Does anyone use B-TREE FILER databases with BDE ?

> Thanks,

> Fofanov Leonid

  In my opinion it's impossible. Last (?) Turbo Power's B-Tree Filer
version - 5.51 is compatible with Delphi, as far as know (never seen
it), but I'm afraid you won't be able to attach Btree Filer's tables
to BDE or to, say, DBGrid as Datasource. Reason is simple: Btree Filer
table doens't store any information about field types, their sizes,
how to calculate idicies and so on in the table header. It gives you
some flexibility, from one side, but you can't use them as usual
tables, from other. Version 5.51 contains browser, but I don't know
if it's made as native Delphi component. In fact, I'm myself interesed
in getting more information about Btree Filer version compatible with
Delphi.

Vladimir

Wed, 18 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Btree Filer version 5.50 or higher

2. Btree Filer version 5.50 or higher

3. Btree Filer version 5.50 or higher

4. Delphi 2 & Btree Filer

5. Turbopower BTree Filer Error

6. Btree Filer version 5.50 or higher

7. Accesing B-Tree Filer tables from Delphi

8. Delphi and B-Tree Filer - HELP!

9. B-Tree Filer 5.55

10. b-tree filer with turbo pascal 6

11. FA: B-Tree Filer for Turbo Pascal-DATABASE

12. qs?.mb files and lost data