lock file has grown too large
Author Message
 lock file has grown too large

When I do a report preview( Quickreports) on all my clients. Halfway through
the report message " Capability Not Supported" pop up.  I then close the
Preview button and message saying " Lock file has grown too large" (It grows
up to about 25M ).

If I set Local Share = False it obviously works but it is a network app.
Also how can I make reports faster.

Regards

Winston

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:55:36 GMT
 lock file has grown too large
One cause of this is putting the net file in the data directory. What
is the NETDIR setting in the BDE administrator? It must not be a root
directory of any drive, not in the same directory with data files. As
for having different BDE apps running with different data directories,
I _suspect_ that you should still have just one NETDIR for all of
them.

HTH,
Dan

Quote:

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
[SPAM block: my e-mail address is DanB at CMDCsystems.com]

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 03:03:05 GMT

1. URGENT - Lock file grown too large - error using Paradox files

2. "lock file has grown too large"

3. Lock file has grown too large

4. The lock file has grown too large?

5. "Lock file grown too large"

6. Lock file has grown too large - please help

7. 'Lock file grown too large'

8. Lock file has grown too large??

9. Error: Lock is file grown too large

10. D3 - Paradox - Query - Lock file has grown too large

11. Lock file has grown too large

12. Lock File Grown Too Large Problem ???