IS Express can't find BDE's DATAPUMP.EXE
Author Message
 IS Express can't find BDE's DATAPUMP.EXE

I am using delphi 4 (with BDE 5.0). When I try to build an installation
with InstallShield Express, it complains about not being able to find
DATAPUMP.EXE.  This file is not anywhere on the system.  Any ideas?
Thanks.

John Bouris

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IS Express can't find BDE's DATAPUMP.EXE

Quote:

>I am using Delphi 4 (with BDE 5.0). When I try to build an installation
>with InstallShield Express, it complains about not being able to find
>DATAPUMP.EXE.  This file is not anywhere on the system.  Any ideas?
>Thanks.

>John Bouris

I had the same problem.  I just removed the InstallShield reference to that
file (and I believe that there was one other file, too) and everything
worked fine (my app uses only Paradox tables, if that makes any difference).

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IS Express can't find BDE's DATAPUMP.EXE

Quote:
>I am using Delphi 4 (with BDE 5.0). When I try to build an installation
>with InstallShield Express, it complains about not being able to find
>DATAPUMP.EXE.  This file is not anywhere on the system.  Any ideas?

no ideas, but I deactivated the checkbox and till now there are not
problems using access97-database.

Gerhard ?ttl

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IS Express can't find BDE's DATAPUMP.EXE
I assume you are using D4 Professional version.

Go into your InstallShield Express directory and find the file
"swdepend.ini". Open it in notepad and search for the line:

Uses7=DATAPUMP.EXE and put two ;; (semicolons) in front of it and any of
the other Datapump.* items in this section. They are Client-Server
files.

Don't forget to save the changes.

Hope this helps.

Charlie

Quote:

> >I am using Delphi 4 (with BDE 5.0). When I try to build an installation
> >with InstallShield Express, it complains about not being able to find
> >DATAPUMP.EXE.  This file is not anywhere on the system.  Any ideas?

> no ideas, but I deactivated the checkbox and till now there are not
> problems using access97-database.

> Gerhard ?ttl

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 IS Express can't find BDE's DATAPUMP.EXE
I also am expericncing this error with Delphi 4 Professional.  We searched
the CD and HD if my system only to find it didn't exist either.  If you

the spamless_ from the beginning of the address]

Quote:
> I am using Delphi 4 (with BDE 5.0). When I try to build an installation
> with InstallShield Express, it complains about not being able to find
> DATAPUMP.EXE.  This file is not anywhere on the system.  Any ideas?
> Thanks.

> John Bouris

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. When creating disks with installshield i get: DATAPUMP.EXE file not found

2. BDE 'Could not find object'

3. It's not bad canned meat...

4. The best BDE Alternative I've Found

5. BDE error - can't find language driver

6. GPF's when running multiple exe's against a DB

7. Field 'PHYSICALTYPE' not found

8. 'Circular data links' hard to find

9. Query:Field 'fieldname' not found

10. GPC can't find unit's like CRT