How to track database activity?
Author Message
 How to track database activity?

I need to run a procedure each time somebody adds a new record in a shared
database file.
Which event can I use to achieve this?

Thanks
Eric Lafontaine

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to track database activity?

Quote:

> On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:01:22 +0800, "Eric Lafontaine"

> >I need to run a procedure each time somebody adds a new record in a shared
> >database file.
> >Which event can I use to achieve this?

> Use the AfterInsert event of your Dataset.
> Paul

Hmm... Eric, if what you are looking for is, "I want a buzzer to go off
on Fred's machine whenever Lisa inserts a record..." then you are going
to have to use a database trigger (on an SQL-type client/server
database) to accomplish this.

If you want Fred's computer to play a jingle whenever Fred does the same
thing, then an AfterInsert event in Delphi will allow you to do this.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to track database activity?
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:01:22 +0800, "Eric Lafontaine"

Quote:

>I need to run a procedure each time somebody adds a new record in a shared
>database file.
>Which event can I use to achieve this?

Use the AfterInsert event of your Dataset.
Paul

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Database structure version tracking

2. Activity

3. The Computer Museum History Center Events and Activities - 2001

4. DBGrid tracking?

5. Tracking duplicate records?

6. DBGrid Memo handling and thumb tracking

7. Keeping track of seat available

8. Validation mess - Totally wrong track?

9. special problem with audio track length

10. PR-Tracker v2.03 -- Tracks problem reports, bugs, defects

11. Tracking Resources

12. PR-Tracker -- Tracks problem reports, bugs, defects