2.0 Database HELP! Wisdom Needed
Author Message
 2.0 Database HELP! Wisdom Needed

Quote:

>Hi.
>We're trying to host up a small 2-user database app. in delphi 2.0. So
>far, things are not going at all well.
>The original plan was to use ODBC to talk to the Access95 database (the
>database already exists) using Delphi 2.0. But that just seems to be a
>hopeless morass of bugs, and the best we could ever get is rubbish where
>data was supposed to be.  Plan scrapped.
>So now we're trying to use the Database Desktop to bring up a Paradox
>version of the Access database. (This loses the replication feature of
>Access95 which the design was counting on, but this approach at least
>displays the correct data in the grid, so I'm quite agreeable.)

>Delphi 2.0 manual states clearly that transactions are supported for
>local Paradox access, but it sure doesn't for us. The StartTransaction
>and Rollback methods are taken without error, but the rollback just
>doesn't do anything; the data is always committed. (Would a full-blown
>Paradox fix this?)
>Can someone suggest a good approach? Even though I love 2.0, I'm
>beginning to lose faith. We're two weeks into a 3 month project, and
>Progress:=0 and Ideas:=nil. So any help would be most gratefully
>received.
>TIA
>=steve

You probably already checked this, but... Do you have AutoCommit
turned on in your BDE connection?

Allen

---------
TINSAAFL: There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
  (variation on motto of the moon colony from Robert A. Heinlein)

Pessimist by policy, optimist by temperament - it is possible to be both.
How? By never taking an unnecessary chance and by minimizing risks you
can't avoid. This permits you to play out the game happily, untroubled
by the certainty of the outcome.
  - Robert A. Heinlein (a.k.a. Lazarus Long)

  Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~allenms

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. About connectivity of Access 2.0 database from DDesktop 2.0

2. Database program in Delphi 2.0 crash help

3. PLEASE HELP!! - Delphi 2.0 Database Error with Novell

4. HELP NEEDED WITH DECIMALS IN ORACLE 7.3 AND DELPHI 2.0 C/S

5. I need Borland Office 2.0 disk #10 : Please help

6. Need help connecting with an Access database

7. Need help choosing database!

8. help needed with delphi and databases

9. Delphi beginner in need of database help

10. Need help opening a database file

11. help needed with Database PLEASE :)

12. Need Help: Unloading Forms/Databases from Memory