Another DBGrid question about Memo fields
Author Message
 Another DBGrid question about Memo fields

Hi,

I have made an app with DBGrid on a win98 machine. And when I tried to run
it on a WIN-NT4 machine the DBGrid gave a strange result. Some fields showed
the text (Memo) and I could not alter them. How is that possible. The DB is
Access 7 and the fields are Text 255 char long. Is that the reason that I
get these results (255 characters)? But why don't I get this stuff on a
WIN98 mahine??

Many thanks, Darius Blaszijk

Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:14:24 GMT
 Another DBGrid question about Memo fields
This is probably caused by the difference between the MS Jet 3.5 and 4.0
drivers.
First, install BDE v5.1.1 (download from www.borland.com/bde), and if that
doesn't help try installing MDAC 2.5 on both PCs (download from
www.microsoft.com/data).

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have made an app with DBGrid on a win98 machine. And when I tried to run
> it on a WIN-NT4 machine the DBGrid gave a strange result. Some fields
showed
> the text (Memo) and I could not alter them. How is that possible. The DB
is
> Access 7 and the fields are Text 255 char long. Is that the reason that I
> get these results (255 characters)? But why don't I get this stuff on a
> WIN98 mahine??

> Many thanks, Darius Blaszijk

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Another DBGrid question about Memo fields
Quote:

> This is probably caused by the difference between the MS Jet 3.5 and 4.0
> drivers.
> First, install BDE v5.1.1 (download from www.borland.com/bde), and if that
> doesn't help try installing MDAC 2.5 on both PCs (download from
> www.microsoft.com/data).

2.6 is available already. Quite nice :)

--
misiek

***  IRC: nbrasil  ICQ UIN: 3620591         | Michal R. Hoffmann ***

***  http://www.kki.net.pl/mis              | 71-119 Szczecin 35 ***
***    -= member of: KNM, ZUKiH, HCKU =-    | POLAND             ***
-----------  Money sometimes oils the wheel of justice -------------

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Memo field in DBGrid

2. DBGrid with multi-line memo field extension

3. How to display memo fields on DBGrids?

4. Memo field in DBGrid

5. Memo Fields in DBGRID

6. Memo field in DBGrid

7. Memo Field search performance, Newbie question

8. memo field questions

9. memo field questions

10. What is the syntax for copy a memo to a database memo field

11. Memo Field to Database field

12. Copy data from string field to memo field