ReportSmith Master/Detail Reports
Author Message
 ReportSmith Master/Detail Reports

I have been writing a delphi 1 database application that will be used on other
computers
and it needs to have reports.  I have written a master/detail report in ReportSmith.
I can run the report from the setup on my machine.

However the paths will differ on other computers.
How do I tell ReportSmith where the location of the two table needed for the
report are?

I could pass them as report variables, but how would I use them.
I thought that I could modify the SQL to use the report variable, but it doesn't
let my change the SQL (though it claims I can).

This works with a single report.  I could change the SQL so that instead of using
the fixed name ('C:\PROJ\TABLES\TABLE1.DBF', it used '<<DATABASE_PATH>>\Table1.DBF'
However once the SQL is edited, it will not let you create a detail report, or
merge with another report.
And it would seem once you have a master/detail you can't edit SQL.

I have defined the location as a connection, but it just used the expanded
pathnames.

I imagine that I need to write some macros, but I am at a loss of what to do, since
it is a master/detail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, it would seem this would be a common occurrence.  Why is it that Borland
(ReportSmith) didn't include simple capabilities to handle this.  Or am I just
missing something.

Guy

Wed, 03 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Setting report variables in the detail of a ReportSmith master-detail report

2. ReportSmith - Master/Detail Report

3. ReportSmith 3.0 Master/Detail Reports

4. Passing Report Variables from the Master to Detail Reports

5. Report Smith Bugs (master/detail reports)

6. ReportSmith : Setting report vars for detail report from Delphi

7. Master/Detail in ReportSmith

8. ReportSmith Master/Detail ..HELP

9. ReportSmith master/detail-help

10. Master/Detail Report