MS SQL Server Strange Problem
Author Message
 MS SQL Server Strange Problem

        I'm new to delphi and MS SQL environment. The SQL Link I'm using is
the one from Delphi 2.0 update CD, therefore I believe it should be
very up-to-date.

        If anyone has any suggestion, please help ! PLEASE !

1, SQL Links problems with Microsoft SQL Server 6.0 -
        "General SQL Error. Possible Network Error. Write to SQL Server Failed."
        Once a while I got the above message when I try to use manual
"Commit" after a manual "Start Transaction".
         The only way I can fix this is replacing the record.(Copy the
original record/save it as new, delete the orig. record and change
the new copy with orig primary key values.)
        Is that mean I got a corrupted record ?  I can use any regular
database editor(including thru BDE) edit the record without error.

2, User lose all database Enter/Update Rights
        So far this problem happened everytime after I retored a complete
database for a new server.
        All user lost their enter/update/delete right except the database
owner. For each table, rights will automatically restored after the
database owner make a transaction.
        For example : Assume John has full rights to table Customer.
                After a restore, everytime he try insert/update/delete a table
Customer record, he gets "Invalid database objects".
                If dba make a update to table Customer, his update rights will
restore automatically.
                If dba make a Insert to table Customer, his insert rights will
restore automatically...
                The above messages will happened in Database Explorer(BDE related
connection).
        But, he had no problem if he connect thru ODBC driver !

Again Please Help ! I'm desperate !

-Tommy <8-(

Sun, 24 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MS SQL Server Strange Problem

Are you using a Novell network by any chance? I saw this before, using a
Novell network to connect to MS SQL Server 6.x. If I remember right, it
was a known bug in the interaction between Novell netware and SQL Server
6.x, but it was a while back at a previous employer...

Quote:
>    I'm new to Delphi and MS SQL environment. The SQL Link I'm using is
> the one from Delphi 2.0 update CD, therefore I believe it should be
> very up-to-date.

>    If anyone has any suggestion, please help ! PLEASE !

> 1, SQL Links problems with Microsoft SQL Server 6.0 -
>    "General SQL Error. Possible Network Error. Write to SQL Server
Failed."
>    Once a while I got the above message when I try to use manual
> "Commit" after a manual "Start Transaction".
>     The only way I can fix this is replacing the record.(Copy the
> original record/save it as new, delete the orig. record and change
> the new copy with orig primary key values.)
>    Is that mean I got a corrupted record ?  I can use any regular
> database editor(including thru BDE) edit the record without error.
>   <snip>
> Again Please Help ! I'm desperate !

> -Tommy <8-(

Tue, 26 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MS SQL Server Strange Problem

This problem is also occuring using MS Access 7.0. I don't have a
solution though. If any one does, please e-mail and/or post. Thanks.

Alfred Lopez

Fri, 29 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Links problem with MS SQL Server

2. Problem with Delphi and MS SQL Server

3. MS SQL Server Driver Problem

4. Problem with Transactions using Delphi1+MS-SQL SERVER

5. Delphi & MS-SQL Server - datefield problems

6. Solution to MS SQL Server ODBC access problem with Delphi

7. Delphi problem with MS SQL Server ODBC Data Sources

8. Problems with Delphi and MS SQL Server.

9. D2 and problems with Stored Procedure Component on MS SQL Server

10. MS SQL Server problem with linked queries

11. Delphi 2:Problems with TMemo from MS-SQL Server

12. Connection problem with MS SQL Server / Delphi 1.0