What am I doing wrong...
Author Message
 What am I doing wrong...

Hello...
I am using just the usual TTable and TQuery (for SQL statments) components
and every once in a while I lost some data in my tables... I mean the data -
usually the previous day's ones - phisically disappear in my .db file... Why
is that?
I am using Paradox7 databases and I have set the primary and secondary
(for alphabetical sorting) indexes...

My example of inserting data into the table:
---------------------------------
TTable1.Append;
TTable1NameAndSurname.AsString:="Frank Sinatra";
TTable1.Post;
---------------------------------

I think that is all... Why does it loose some data almost every mont?
I heard something about recovering the indexes or something...
What is that and if it helps, how can I do that?

Thanks for all,
-Andrej

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 09:22:41 GMT
 What am I doing wrong...
Have you set Local Share to true in the BDE configuration? This is one
of the primary causes of this.

HTH,
Dan

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 02:22:41 +0100, "Andrej Snedic"

Quote:

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 01:09:33 GMT
 What am I doing wrong...
Well, that didn't make much sense ;-)
I should have said that Local Share should be true. If it is false,
the BDE caches your changes until who knows when... Closing the app
will send it all to the hard disc. But, if something happens in the
mean time, all is lost.

Dan

Quote:

visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 07:43:25 GMT
 What am I doing wrong...
Seems to me that paradox doesn't flush buffer to disk.
Try setting LOCAL SHARE to TRUE in paradox settings in BDE admin.
Also, I find
table.insert
..
table.post

far more reliable then append command.

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 02:22:41 +0100, "Andrej Snedic"

Quote:

>Hello...
>I am using just the usual TTable and TQuery (for SQL statments) components
>and every once in a while I lost some data in my tables... I mean the data -
>usually the previous day's ones - phisically disappear in my .db file... Why
>is that?
>I am using Paradox7 databases and I have set the primary and secondary
>(for alphabetical sorting) indexes...

>My example of inserting data into the table:
>---------------------------------
>TTable1.Append;
>TTable1NameAndSurname.AsString:="Frank Sinatra";
>TTable1.Post;
>---------------------------------

>I think that is all... Why does it loose some data almost every mont?
>I heard something about recovering the indexes or something...
>What is that and if it helps, how can I do that?

>Thanks for all,
>-Andrej

Regards,
E.Beli
http://www.greenhousemm.com

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 00:21:03 GMT
 What am I doing wrong...
Thanks, I hope it is going to work now...
Bye,
-Andrej

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 03:29:25 GMT

1. What am I doing wrong

2. what am I doing wrong

3. What am I doing wrong?

4. What am I doing wrong?

5. TDBGrid onvalidate - what am i doing wrong

6. Recursive Procs in IBase what am I doing wrong ??

7. What am I doing wrong here? (Win API stuff)

8. Real isn't cooperating..What am I doing wrong?

9. D1 - sql error... what am I doing wrong?

10. SQL - Where am I wrong?

11. TStringList - I'm doing something wrong here - HELP

12. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong...