help with record locking.. (Pessimistic locking)
Author Message
 help with record locking.. (Pessimistic locking)

Hi,,

I was wondering if I can do record locking with the .db files..

I read about it in few books about delphi database programming but all
the mentioned was it is possible..  Non of those books gave an indication
to how to do it though.

I would appreciate any help regarding my problem..

thanks a lot..

SAM.

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 help with record locking.. (Pessimistic locking)

Quote:

> Hi,,

> I was wondering if I can do record locking with the .db files..

> I read about it in few books about Delphi database programming but all
> the mentioned was it is possible..  Non of those books gave an indication
> to how to do it though.

> I would appreciate any help regarding my problem..

> thanks a lot..

> SAM.

Considering that no lock are pending on your record/table try the
following:
  To lock single record: EDIT the record
                         --> ttable.edit;
  To lock to hole table: Set the EXCLUSIVE property of your ttable to
                         TRUE, and OPEN the table
                         --> ttable.exclusive := true;
                             ttable.open;

hope this will help

Bernard... (Montreal

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Pessimistic Record Locking

2. Pessimistic record locking using Interbase

3. HELP! Pessimistic locking with ODBC

4. HELP!!! Pessimistic locking with ODBC

5. Locking/Locked records

6. Jet 4.0, TADODataSet and Pessimistic Locking (again)

7. RE : How To make a pessimistic lock in Oracle

8. Access & Pessimistic Locking

9. Pessimistic locking interbase

10. Pessimistic Locking with Delphi and MS-SQL Server

11. Pessimistic Locking

12. Help, How do you lock a record?