put 'Local share = Ture' in code
Author Message
 put 'Local share = Ture' in code

Hi

I just fix a problem by change the BDE init setting "Local Share" to "True". But how can I
put it in code so that I don't need to visit all my WS to change it?

Thanks

Rio Lee

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 put 'Local share = Ture' in code
: I just fix a problem by change the BDE init setting "Local Share" to "True". But how can I
: put it in code so that I don't need to visit all my WS to change it?

If absoulutely everything is the same on each machine, I suppose
you could copy the BDE.CFG file to everybody's machine?

Or visit Inprise's website for ideas; I know I saw, among other
things, a working example of how to have one centrally maintained
newtwork BDE for all users.  I think the URL is
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 put 'Local share = Ture' in code

Quote:

>: I just fix a problem by change the BDE init setting "Local Share" to

"True". But how can I

Quote:
>: put it in code so that I don't need to visit all my WS to change it?

>If absoulutely everything is the same on each machine, I suppose
>you could copy the BDE.CFG file to everybody's machine?

This parameter (as almost all BDE configuration parameters) is in registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
  SOFTWARE
    BORLAND
      Database Engine
        Settings
          SYSTEM
            INIT
It's called "Local Share".

Good Luck,
Sergei

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. 'LOCAL SHARE = TRUE' only on File Server?

2. can't put Class Factories in Delphi 3 components

3. can't put bitmap in my dialog

4. can't put bitmap in my dialog

5. can't put bitmap in m

6. putting 2 exe's together so they

7. PCL4P user's put there?

8. PCL4P user's put there?

9. What's "sharing violation"?

10. Q: Shared database connect between DLL's

11. IDAPI hangs on Win3.x machines when sharing TTables through DLL's

12. type field ''money''