Using ADO with Encrypted/Password Protected Access databases
Author Message
 Using ADO with Encrypted/Password Protected Access databases

Hi All,
    I'm having a little trouble using TADOConnection with an encrypted and
password protected Access 2000 database. I've set the UserName and Password
string variables correctly in the TADOConnection.OnLogin event handler, but
get an error stating "Not a valid password".

Is there maybe a provider specific property or another mechanism for giving
the correct database-wide password?

Also, I'm a bit baffled about the encryption. Am I right in assuming that
all fields values are encrypted when stored and decrypted when retrieved
(on-the-fly), or is the encryption process a "one-off" process as with
compacting a database?

Thanks,
Ben Fidge

Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:15:28 GMT
 Using ADO with Encrypted/Password Protected Access databases
OnLogin is executed AFTER log-in and can be used to do user logging.
You should use the OnWillConnect event instead !

Quote:
> Hi All,
>     I'm having a little trouble using TADOConnection with an encrypted and
> password protected Access 2000 database. I've set the UserName and
Password
> string variables correctly in the TADOConnection.OnLogin event handler,
but
> get an error stating "Not a valid password".

> Is there maybe a provider specific property or another mechanism for
giving
> the correct database-wide password?

> Also, I'm a bit baffled about the encryption. Am I right in assuming that
> all fields values are encrypted when stored and decrypted when retrieved
> (on-the-fly), or is the encryption process a "one-off" process as with
> compacting a database?

> Thanks,
> Ben Fidge

Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:05:45 GMT

1. using encrypted access database

2. How to connect to a password protected Access Database

3. Compact Access Database using ADO

4. Compress a access database using ADO

5. using a paradox table protected by a password in reportsmith

6. Accessing Password-protected Paradox .DB file

7. Accessing Password Protected Tables

8. Accessing Password Protected Paradox DB

9. *how to use encrypted ms access database

10. ReportSmith & Encrypted (PW Protected) Paradox Tables

11. Password program...Encrypting .pwd files

12. RC4 encrypted data and headers for password validation