record lock with DBF
Author Message
 record lock with DBF

Hi,

I'm have a simple D3 application with a DBGrid connected to
a TTable which is connected to a DBF database file with CDX index file
using the BDE 4.5.
When I have 2 of these D3 applications running record locking is
working fine when one of the appliactions is trying to edit a field the
other one is editing.
However when I have a clipper application running using the same
Database
and my D3 application record locking doesn't seem to work somehow.
Does anybody has a clue?

Cheers,

Henk

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 record lock with DBF
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:04:37 +0100, Henk Klijn Hesselink

Quote:

>I'm have a simple D3 application with a DBGrid connected to
>a TTable which is connected to a DBF database file with CDX index file
>using the BDE 4.5.
>When I have 2 of these D3 applications running record locking is
>working fine when one of the appliactions is trying to edit a field the
>other one is editing.
>However when I have a clipper application running using the same
>Database
>and my D3 application record locking doesn't seem to work somehow.
>Does anybody has a clue?

The BDE and Clipper record-locking schemes are totally different and
incompatible. There is no known means of effecting multi-user concurrent
usage of a table by both a BDE and Clipper application.

Besides, the BDE support for .CDX files has to do with FoxPro, not Clipper,
even though Clipper supports production index files with the same
extension.

Steve Koterski                      "The knowledge of the world is only to
Technical Publications              be acquired in the world, and not in a
INPRISE Corporation                 closet."
http://www.inprise.com/delphi          -- Earl of Chesterfield (1694-1773)

Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 record lock with DBF
Clipper/Delphi DBF record locking is fully supported using the Apollo.  See
www.luxent.com
Apollo doesn't need the BDE period!

Good Luck ... Norm
Norman W. Clark

Web: www.telusplanet.net/public/nclark

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm have a simple D3 application with a DBGrid connected to
>a TTable which is connected to a DBF database file with CDX index file
>using the BDE 4.5.
>When I have 2 of these D3 applications running record locking is
>working fine when one of the appliactions is trying to edit a field the
>other one is editing.
>However when I have a clipper application running using the same
>Database
>and my D3 application record locking doesn't seem to work somehow.
>Does anybody has a clue?

>Cheers,

>Henk

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Locking/Locked records

2. help with record locking.. (Pessimistic locking)

3. DBF DBF DBF

4. Keyboard locking in a Delphi dbf based program.

5. Deleted DBF records

6. Deleted Records In DBF

7. Extract records to a new DBF Table

8. add/delete dbf record in pascal

9. add/delete dbf record in pascal

10. help : Physically deleteing DBF records in Delphi ??

11. Get the Record number of DBF file

12. search record in DBF